Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First Goat babies of Spring 2010














Certainly enough, just as last year our Lilly Blue decided to wait until it snowed to kid, again!

We are now blessed with three new kids, two doelings and one buckling. One doeling and the buckling (who will be wethered) were already pre-purchased. Our goat kids always seem to go quickly. I am retaining the first choice doeling for our herd and thus have named her Crowley Manor Lotus Moon. She will make such a lovely addition to the farm and in time will bless us with kids of her own. Lotus takes after her mom Lilly Blue and I just could not be more pleased. Of course as soon as the sun is up, and I am lucky if it's 10 deg. outside I am off to feed all and get my snuggle time in with the kids.

There is nothing sweeter on a cold morning..that is if you are partial to some goat kisses to cuddle one of those little ones. They tuck themselves right into the crook of your arms and look up to you with those big eyes and perky ears. Lotus's ears are big enough, you would think she could take flight :).

As I visit with the little ones and breathe in the morning's air, it is always a good time to ponder life and our blessings, and of course also a quiet time for me to think of what lovely new product will be made from the bounty of our little goat farm. So keep checking back, as you never know, what may come next. Now time for me to get to work!

No comments: